There’s no greater reward as a parent or grandparent than seeing your children appreciate the world around them. But what if you could literally be part of teaching them that appreciation?
Intergenerational travel is a wonderful way to spend precious time with children and grandchildren, all while learning about other cultures, people, history, nature, and so much more.
Whether you’re looking to take your grandchild on a one-on-one tour with other grandparents traveling with their grandchildren or planning for that multigenerational family adventure of a lifetime, traveling together will be an enlightening experience that with strengthen bonds for a lifetime.
Intergenerational travel–there’s no better way to give your family the world.
Intergenerational Travel – Small Group Tours
Travel Beyond works with some of the best partners in the world for organized family trips. These are perfect options for those travelers looking to share the experience with other families (most popular among grandparents taking grandchildren). Some of our favorites include:
- The Galapagos Family Adventure – Kids (and adults) of all ages are sure to fall in love with the nature and wildlife of the Galapagos Islands. Specially tailored nature activities, guided walks and wildlife briefings are a big part of this engaging expedition.
- Scotland Family Vacation from Adventures by Disney – This unique trip itinerary was inspired by the Disney Pixar movie Brave. It’s a journey through Scotland where you’ll take a private tour of Edinburgh Castle, horseback ride and mountain bike at Rothiemurchus Estate and step in between the mysterious Callanish Standing Stones just as Merida does in Brave.
- Family Alaska – Experience Alaska’s pristine wilderness while taking in an adventure-packed excursion (which includes fishing, geocaching, a scenic flight over Denali and much more).
- Tanzania Family Safari – An amazing, unique trip for any family, even those well traveled. A Children’s Activity Coordinator travels with the group to organize activities for all age levels. Enjoy a family treasure hunt, visit a local village to learn of their culture and, of course, watch for the Big Five as you embark on game drives.
- Family Costa Rica – Explore the rainforest and beaches of Costa Rica where you’ll have the chance to kayak in stunning coves, gain firsthand knowledge about the country’s ecology, discover the culture and history of local villages and even zipline through the rainforest’s canopy.
- Egypt Family Vacation from Adventures by Disney – This is truly an intergenerational trip where everyone (no matter what their age) will be in awe at the history and mystique of such a far-away land. Take a privately guided tour of King Tut’s tomb in the Egyptian Museum of Antiquities, visit the Great Pyramid and Sphinx in Giza, take a Nile cruise to sites including the Temple of Luxor and Valley of the Kings and more.
Intergenerational Travel – Customized Family Trips
For those who are less interested in joining a group of other intergenerational travelers, Travel Beyond can customize a family adventure or relaxing getaway to just about any place in the world.