South Africa JEOPARDY! Itinerary
Our 8-Day / 7-Night JEOPARDY! inspired safari in South Africa begins with 3 nights in Cape Town at The Table Bay Hotel on the vibrant V&A Waterfront. Next, travelers will spend 2 nights onboard Rovos Rail, the Most Luxurious Train in the World, en route to Pretoria. The itinerary ends with an exciting 2-night safari in one of South Africa’s premier game reserves, home to the Big Five: Lion, Leopard, Elephant, Rhino and Buffalo.
Day 1 – Cape Town, South Africa
Arrive in bustling Cape Town, South Africa. You’ll be met on arrival and transferred to the V&A Waterfront and the Table Bay Hotel. Enjoy 3 nights accommodation at Table Bay on a bed & breakfast basis.
Days 2 & 3 – Cape Town, South Africa
Enjoy days at leisure to explore the city of Cape Town, iconic Table Mountain, historic Robben Island and the beautiful Cape Peninsula at your own pace. The Hop on/Hop off double-decker bus is a convenient way to explore the beautiful Cape.
Day 4 – Cape Town, South Africa
You’ll be transferred to the Cape Town train station to board Rovos Rail for the 2-night journey to Pretoria* in a Deluxe Suite on a full board basis. Enjoy dinner on the train. (*Departures on Mon, Tues & Wed on select dates)
Day 5 – En Route to Pretoria, South Africa
Relax on the luxurious train and enjoy the beauty of South Africa while sightseeing en route. Visit the Big Hole and the Diamond Mine Museum in Kimberley.
Day 6 – Pretoria, South Africa
Arrive at the private Rovos Capital Park station in Pretoria. Upon arrival, you’ll be transferred by road or air to the malaria-free Madikwe Game Reserve and Tuningi Safari Lodge or fly to the Sabi Sand and to MalaMala Private Game Reserve (flights excluded). You’ll be met on arrival in Madikwe and or transferred directly to Tuningi Safari Lodge or met on arrival at MalaMala Private Game Reserve and transferred to MalaMala Main Camp. This afternoon embark on your first game drive. Enjoy 2 nights on safari at either Tuningi Safari Lodge or MalaMala Main Camp on a full board basis, inclusive of twice daily game activities.
Day 7 – Madikwe Game Reserve or MalaMala Private Game Reserve
Enjoy early morning and late afternoon game drives in search of the Big Five: Lion, Elephant, Buffalo, Leopard and Rhino
Day 8 – Madikwe Game Reserve or MalaMala Private Game Reserve
After your morning game drive depart your safari lodge, either by air or road, and return to Johannesburg, where you check-in for your flight back to the US and bid farewell to Africa!
We also suggest upgrading the itinerary to include 2 nights accommodation at Fairlawn’s Boutique Hotel & Spa in Sandton (at an additional costs).
Pricing and Details
Starting at: $4995 per person*
*costs may vary based on currency rate of exchange fluctuation and as airfare costs are also subject to change. Other terms and conditions may apply. Contact us for details.
- 3 nights accommodation at the Table Bay Hotel in Cape Town Bed & Breakfast basis
- 2 nights on board the Rovos Rail, the Most Luxurious Train in the World Full Board basis
- 2 nights on safari at MalaMala Private Game Reserve bordering Kruger National Park or 2 nights on safari at Tuningi Safari Lodge in the malaria-free Madikwe Game Reserve. (Full Board basis with twice daily safari activities included with shared camp guides and vehicles)
- Meet and assist service on arrival and after clearing customs/immigration at all airports and airfields.
- Relevant park and reserve fees
- Services of the lodge guides and staff for all transfers between the air fields and for all the safari activities.
- The current levies and all relevant Value Added Tax or Government Sales Tax.
- Trans-Atlantic airfare to/from South Africa and flights within South Africa.
- Passports and relevant visa fees. There are no visas required for travel into South Africa. Two, consecutive blank visa pages are required for entry into South Africa.
- Items of a personal nature, including telephone calls, spa treatments, etc.
- Lunch and Dinner at all city hotels (in Cape Town) unless specified.
- Drinks, entrance fees, porter services, tours/excursions and transfers not specified above.
- Any new Government taxes, levies, fuel or industry increases which are beyond our control.
- Medical Evacuation Insurance – approximately $50 per person.
- Trip Insurance – including cancellation and/or baggage coverage.