Welcome to Travel Beyond
Established in Minnesota in 1975, Travel Beyond was the first U.S. company to plan private and group photographic safaris to Southern Africa that continues to be in business today. Our founder, Audrey Beal, was born and raised in Graaff-Reinet, South Africa. Audrey and her husband David started Travel Beyond with the mission of sharing Audrey’s love of Africa with like-minded travelers. This mission inspired our first Southern African safari in 1975 and expansion to East Africa in 1976.
Travel Beyond is now owned and managed by Audrey and David’s son Craig Beal. Craig was on Travel Beyond’s first safari at age five and has been back to Africa more than 30 times since 1975. With the exception of his time in college at the US Naval Academy and his service as a US Navy Submarine Officer, it is safe to say that Craig has been in the safari business his entire life. Learn More
What’s it like?
Watch Video of Our Top Luxury Travel Picks
Watch the video
Travel Beyond Insider Travel Tips
Follow our latest news & videos
- A great action shot of a hippo in the Okavango Delta, taken by Travel Beyond client Paul...
View on Facebook
- You've heard rumors that Friday's the end of the Maya calendar...but what does that really mean?
- You've heard rumors that Friday's the end of the Maya calendar...but what does that really...
- Zimbabwe: The Breadbasket of Southern Africa
- By Travel Beyond consultant Marguerite Smit
All jobs have their perks. Mine include travel,...